UniformsA high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
Uniform: Primary Phase
The Primary School colours are charcoal grey with navy blue. For example: grey trousers or grey skirts with an embroidered navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan as detailed below. Along with embroidered white polo shirts.
You can order the uniform items that are to be embroidered with the school logo from our school page on the My Clothing website.
- Embroidered white polo shirts (for everyday wear) from £5.50
- Embroidered pale blue Polo shirts (for PE only) from £5.50
- Black Shorts (for PE only) available from the high street or Tesco
- Embroidered round neck navy blue sweatshirt from £9.00
- Embroidered navy blue jersey cardigan from £9.00
- Embroidered School Book Bag £5.00
- Embroidered Drawstring PE Bag £5.00
- Optional Embroidered Ruck Sack £8.00
When you go onto the website it will ask you for:
1. Local Education Authority = East Sussex
2. Select a School = The Cavendish School
You will then be able to select your items and view your ‘Bag’ and ‘Checkout’ accordingly.
Please note that for embroidered uniform items there is a free delivery service for orders over £15. Embroidered school wear will be delivered within 14 days.
You can arrange to buy your grey uniform and other items from the supermarket or high street – for example
- Grey trousers (for boys and girls)
- Grey shorts (for boys)
- Grey skirts
- Grey pinafore dresses
- Black shoes
- Black plimsolls
- Light blue or dark blue gingham check summer dress
- Grey socks (for boys)
- Grey tights or white socks (for girls)
Uniform: Secondary Phase via KB Schoolwear
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students and anyone arriving at school in incorrect uniform may expect to be sent home to get changed or isolated from their peers until the issue is rectified. The school leadership team and governors reserve the right to enforce school standards, monitor compliance and act as final decision makers of what is and is not acceptable uniform.
All items of school uniform and PE Kit must be clearly marked with the student’s name and tutor group.
Uniform Details – Secondary Phase
School Uniform Supplier is KB Schoolwear
|Royal blue blazer with school badge – from school supplier||Royal blue blazer with school badge – from school supplier|
|White school shirt, buttoned up and tucked in||White school shirt, buttoned up and tucked in|
|Grey skirt (must not be lengthened or shortened) or grey trousers – from school supplier||Grey trousers – from school supplier|
|School Tie with school badge – from school supplier||School Tie with school badge – from school supplier|
|Tights/socks – black, navy blue or grey||Socks – black, navy blue or grey|
|Black leather low heeled closed toe school shoes (trainers, including canvas or Vans style shoes, are not permitted)||Black leather formal school shoes (trainers, including canvas or Vans style shoes, are not permitted)|
|Compulsory PE Kit||Compulsory PE Kit|
|School sports shirt with school badge – from school supplier||School sports shirt with school badge – from school supplier|
|School shorts or leggings with school badge – from school supplier||School shorts or leggings with school badge – from school supplier|
|Optional Items||Optional Items|
|Navy V neck jumper with school badge – from school supplier||Navy V neck jumper with school badge – from school supplier|
|Apron (natural) with front pocket (one each for Art and Food Tech)||Apron (natural) with front pocket (one each for Art and Food Tech)|
|Shower jacket – black (zip through) with school badge – from school supplier||Shower jacket with school badge – from school supplier|
|Plain black round neck sweatshirt with school badge for PE – from school supplier||Plain black round neck sweatshirt with school badge for PE – from school supplier|
|Plain black sports socks (no logo’s) – from school supplier or high street||Plain black sports socks (no logo’s) – from school supplier or high street|
- The tie must be tied in such a way that the school logo is visible just below the knot.
Jewellery and make-up
One pair of small studs in each ear is permitted. Jewellery that stretches the earlobe is not permitted.
No facial or visible body piercings
A wristwatch is permitted
No bracelets or rings
No visible make-up is to be worn, including nail varnish or false eyelashes/eyelash extensions
No long nails/acrylic nails
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted in the School. “Carved/cut designs” are not permitted. Both boys and girls should not have any bright coloured hair dye added to their natural colour.
- Pupils are required to carry their equipment in a school bag/rucksack. Bags should be big enough to hold A4 folders and books.